Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Donkey on the Edge

Well it must be that time of year! Occassionally I lose my patience and get frustrated.....with EVERYTHING!!!!!
I think I am at that point NOW!!!! LOL Why is it that if I don't NAG the kids and remind the kids all the time about the same things they can't remember?

 As you know we have two cats, Kenny and Harold. We got Kenny from the Humane Society for Kyle and Harold came along out of concern for his life by Brandon! Harold was going to be put down - his Mom kept skanking out and they had too many farm cats! So we took Harold in and saved his little life!  Back to the RANT - I have to remind Kyle EVERY NIGHT to feed the cats!!!!! I have to remind Kyle EVERY 2nd DAY to do the kitty LITTER!!!!! OMG I am going to lose it....Just because you are done school doesn't mean you can stay up 'til 4 AM and sleep all day...messing up the house and not doing chores!!!!!! AARRRGGGHHHH

Same goes for my little Brandina - he came home from the weekend away and was tired. He was home at 10:30 Sunday morning....left the gargage door open, dropped his bag in the hallway and promptly went downstairs to sleep....awww poor baby was sooo tired!  We got home from the lake around 5:30 - unpacked, vacuumed the main floor, sorted AND started laundry, cooked supper, cleaned up and showered and FINALLY fell into BED. Poor little muffin had such a hard day!!!! ARRRGGGHHHHH

Monday rolls around and I advised both boys to "wind their necks in" ( a British saying from my fav Brit peep)  I don't understand why they think that all chores and rules are off just because it is SUMMER!!!! I swear if I took a weekend off the house would be in shambles! Although I have tried to boycot chores to prove a point and it BACK FIRED so badly! I only ended punishing myself! Now the chores that the boys have are pretty substantial! Seriously - Kyle - keep room clean, clean his OWN bathroom, kitty litter every 2nd day, feed cats supper EVERY day! Brandon - recycling when full, garbages - Thursday, keep basement clean,do laundry, along with his OWN bathroom.....I think I should check into child labour laws to ensure I haven't pushed the card to hard...I mean really they are sooo hard done by with ALL THOSE CHORES!!!! NOT!!!!!!!

I remember when Brandon couldn't manage to get his laundry to me in time...I kept threatening to stop doing his laundry. One week I asked him every day to bring me his laundry. He FAILED to, so I don't do his laundry anymore...A bit ago he said that he was so PROUD of me for following through! Doesn't that say something? I guess I should stop being a softie and follow through more...After some thought - Look out KIDS, I am a DONKEY on the EDGE and plan on following THROUGH!!!!

So for now, I will keep trying to be strong and sticking to my GUNS. I will try to stand tall and not give in!
Happy Hump Day everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment