Tuesday, September 20, 2011

50th Birthday Shinanigans

Well, as you all know, my Hubbie turned 50 on Friday.....

It started off with a balloon bouquet sent to his work, I have NEVER sent anything to his work before, so I was branching out and thought he would enjoy the surprise....I was going to do the tacky buzzards on the lawn but decided he wouldn't get as much joy out of that. Well the surprise worked...He definitely knew this big huge balloon mass was for him.... Work brought in a cake for him and then he left early to zoom to the lake.

Our Son was going to come to the lake also, but at the last minute he decided he wanted to tell Rob that he couldn't make it, and drive out quickly before us so he could surprise his Dad.....So Kyle and I created a little lie that he had to work on Friday and Sunday - which would not allow him to come to the lake...It was sooo awesome - the surprise worked PERFECTLY!!!!!! When Rob and I pulled in Kyle was sitting there, such a great great thing!!!!!!!!

Saturday was my birthday! Nothing special as I was very focused on Rob's big day!!!!! Friends of ours were at the lake and we all had a great day puttering around our lots and gearing up for closing for the season. Then it was cocktail hour.....

Well, cocktail hour started at 4 and MAN was it fun!!!!! We started out with martinis....I have realized that martini's are little glasses of love....while we were cocktailing we did presents, Rob had received several throughout the couple of days....this being lots and lots of Jack Daniels....he has a new love of JD on ice and I think EVERYONE bought him JD...including his Boss - a 3 LITRE of JD...so after receiving a few bottles of JD - he asked if it came with an AA membership too......While the night progressed into snacks then more cocktails and then finally supper.....and finally of course, the cake....Throughout the night we were taking a plethora of pictures....one of our Friends is VERY comical...he was the "random" guy in ALL the pictures...in 90% of the pics, he is randomly in them..every time I look at them I laugh out loud....

So all in all it was a FAB 50th for Rob -I love my Hubbie dearly, he is the only one who knows who I truly am, he is always supportive of me, finishes my sentences, laughs and cries with me....words truly cannot express how much I love him....So my darling, I hope this is the best year yet!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment