Monday, September 12, 2011

Smelling Flowers

On August 30, 2011 @ 11:03 am.....We lost a dear, dear person.  My girlfriends Dad passed away with his Family by his side...after a determined and valiant struggle with cancer. I am so very proud of our dear Friend who read the tribute...and Lainey & Sierra for having the courage to stand up in front of so many people to honor their Opi!!!!!!

Opi's funeral was Friday, it was a beautiful service.  I don't understand why there is tragedy in this world? Why disease is so tragic...If you choose to be pesimistic you can see a lot of bad in the world....Again, I ask the question WHY????

Opi was a person who lived his life quietly in a close knit circle of those who meant the most to him. He LOVED his "Angel" and his "Rock" along with his dear, dear wife of 55 years! Can you imagine 55 years of wedded bliss....They adored each other and truly HONORED each other...It makes one reflect on your own life and realize that I too want to be married for 55 years and be as in love.  My parents have also celebrated their 50th this year....Now a days, there seems so much hurry, so much going 100 km/hr that we often forget to be thankful for the things that truly mean the most in our lives. We also often forget to really LIVE our lives, remembering to do the "fun" things....

So in honor of beloved Opi -I promise to remember to live my life to the fullest and stop to smell the flowers a little more often....

No comments:

Post a Comment