Monday, October 24, 2011

Kitties and tears

I know I said I wouldn't blog until AFTER our wonderful vay cay but.......

We had a rather traumatic experience this past weekend...in the previous blog I wrote we had to get rid of our cats. Well by process of elmination and reasons too long to write - we took Harold to Heaven Can Wait.

Heaven Can Wait is a well respected and reputable foundation that takes in cats and dogs, and puts them up for adoption. If you google Heaven Can Wait they put pictures of the animal and a little blurb about it. A few years ago, I had tried for weeks to get ahold of them to adopt a cat, but was unable to hear back from them or get through their phone line.....so my youngest son and I went to Calgary Humane Society to adopt Kenny. Knowing that we had decided Harold needed to find a friendly home other than ours, I first thought of Heaven Can Wait.....so off Kyle and I went with a very scared and vocal Harold.  I was SOOOOO DISSAPPOINTED in the repsonse that we received, I imagined a loving caring welcome. I must have been in denial! We were grilled beyond - in tears, I finally said that we were good people and that we tried our hardest to find another home and this was not an easy decision. After demaning a donation, they begrudingly took our little Harold.....

I understand that they probably have many not so upstanding citizens dropping off their animals, and that they have a lot of damage control to do. This I understand, I wish they could realize that we are GOOD people who were left with no other choice than to try to give Harold a better home and another chance. I know Harold will be ok, and I hope that he will be adopted into a family that can care for him and appreciate his little looks and chatty manner. As for Heaven Can Wait, I wish for them to be able to read people better and understand how very very difficult this decision was for our family.

So all in all, it was a heart wrenching day with many tears.....

No comments:

Post a Comment