Thursday, May 26, 2011

Never Get Excited Over Mops

May long is always a great weekend, it defines the beginning of Summer in a camping sort of way....

This year we decided that we would stay home. Kyle house sat, Brandon and Claire went to the lake to camp on crown land and I did Spring cleaning.

Saturday I felt ripped off - I wanted so badly to sleep in but to no avail, I ended up rising and starting the day off with a bang!( at 7 AM for those that care!!!) It felt so good to finish all those little nit picky chores that you always wish you have time for. Like organizing your closet lightest to darkest; shortest to longest, it's the best when my closet and drawers are like that....( a little anal retentive lol).  I worked like a slave and secretly ENJOYED IT!!!! I get great satisfaction out of a clean/organized home!!!!

Sunday was awesome - Rob took me out for BREAKFAST!!!!! Can you believe it?! I didn't even prompt him or anything! WOO HOOO We had a great day puttering around the house together - remember NO KIDS were home all WEEKEND LONG!!!!!!  We even had a few friends over for a little shin dig!

Monday I finished up the ironing and 2 days of laundry, while Rob puttered around the house doing Boy chores! He scooted out for a few groceries and came back with a mop that I had been looking to buy but it was always out! I was sooo excited....NOTE TO THE WISE - NEVER GET EXCITED OVER MOPS....I was truly soooo excited but realized that I should NOT be....its a MOP that means that I HAVE to clean the floors ALL the time now.....But secretly I am super stoked about trying it out...

Monday night everyone came home and life was back to its usual chaotic self....Brandon and Claire came by for supper which was nice, as they are still house sitting. Kyle came home from house sitting so, as a Mom - I felt content that all my babies were safely home and my house was clean and organized.

All in All it was one of the BEST MAY LONG's in  LONG time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment