Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The "C" word

Everyone knows the "c" word is a horrible aweful, no good for nothing word. The "c" word that I am talking about today is CANCER!!!!! Everyone dislikes and dare I say HATES that word!!!!

There are not many people who have not been touched by this word/disease in some way, I wish we could erase it from the vocabulary forever. Just last Fall my own Mother had a brush with it! We are the lucky chosen few and I do mean few who came out unscathed! More and more people are unable to tell that tale.  My Husband's Father passed away from cancer 13 years ago already! He was only 58! How terribly sad that was!!!!

What do you say to people who either have the dreaded disease or are helping a loved one go through all the pain and discomfort? I am at a complete loss for words.  My dearest girlfriend's Father is going through this aweful mess now.  How do we comfort someone who knows the dreaded outcome?  How do you tell a friend it will be ok, when you know it really won't? How do you tell someone how much you truly love them and wish you could literally take all the pain away just for one more healthy happy day? How is my question????

I am always trying to make lemonaide out of lemons, and trying to see the bright side of things.....Today, is an unusual day for me, as I am unable to see the positive!

 But I will suggest to everyone -
- Always tell your loved ones how much you  truly love them, and MEAN it
-NEVER leave angry, always make amends
-NO regrets (this one is hard)
- Always make time - NO MATTER WHAT - everything else can wait
- If you see something positive or someone doing something that brings joy don't wait to tell them
- Our Family NEVER says "good bye" we leave that for the final time....we always say "See you later"

so, see you later my dear friends and family XX

You just never know when your number comes up, I love all of you passionately, fearlessly, and unconditionally...this I know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment